Search This Blog

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Solstice Scents Snowshoe Pass Review

Hey hey! So, today I have another perfume review. Solstice Scents released their winter collection on Saturday, 12/1/12. I ordered a full size perfume in Snowshoe Pass, and a whipped soap in the same fragrance (though I'm just reviewing the perfume for the sake of time).

Okie dokie, let's get into the fun stuff, shall we? I'll begin with Solstice Scents' description of Snowshoe Pass, because it will surely surpass my words! This description is from http://www.solsticescents.com/SNOWSHOE-PASS-PERFUME_p_351.html

SNOWSHOE PASS
White Amber, White Musk, Vanilla Accord, Peppermint Cream, Cold Winds

A chilly white blend of an ethereal snow blanket and cold winter winds, Snowshoe Pass combines pale white amber, delicate and smooth white musk, a sweet touch of vanilla and a faint whisper of creamy cold peppermint. The result is a unique take on a winter scent inspired by heavy snows and desolate rural regions. On cold sniff and initial application a creamy peppermint note is detectable as a top note, though it is a careful addition that takes a backseat to the other notes as it wears on the skin, ultimately receding entirely. There is just enough peppermint to enhance the coolness of this plushly white blend. The other notes swirl together to evoke not only a snow covered landscape that may only be traversed with snowshoes and a pioneer spirit, but the calm and intense silence after a snow deep in the wild.

Can we pause for a moment and appreciate that delightful scent description?

Geez, I don't even want to try now. Haha. Okay, let's have a picture-infused intermission. :)

Photo Credit: Solstice Scents
 
 
 
 
Above: My bottle of Snowshoe Pass. The packaging was amazing. It came with festive colors of crinkley paper, these two vintage bells, and a clipping of an evergreen tree. So festive and adorable!


My take on Snowshoe Pass:
 
Snowshoe Pass, above all, brings the color white to my mind whenever I sniff it. It is so beautiful, unique, and really sexy- a very awesome take on a winter scent. The scent description on the website is spot on about the peppermint being prominent immediately upon cold sniff/initial application; but it quickly runs away to the back to let the white musk and white amber notes become the stars of the show. The vanilla accord is a wonderful addition to this scent, and it really balances everything out.

Snowshoe Pass makes me think of a classy winter tea party in a breathtaking vintage house in the middle of nowhere. While the guests have their tea, snow falls outside, creating a fresh blanket over the already white-with-snow landscape.

Snowshoe Pass is extra awesome, because the 'white' I get when smelling it really reminds me of snow; and it's the only snow I'll get this year :( At least I don't have to shovel it!

Also, the silage is absolutely fantastic, like with all my Solstice Scents perfumes. It's really nice to smell great for hours without having to reapply the product!

I think it's worthwhile to mention that the TAT is absolutely phenomenal with this company. Even though I ordered my products the night of a huge winter release and live all the way across the country from the Solstice Scents wonderland, I got my products 4 days later (and one of those days was a weekend day). Angela is seriously a magical princess.. She makes the greatest perfumes ever, and ships them right away. She's also super sweet and always replies to my messages when I have any comments or questions.

If you so desire, you can also be the proud owner of Snowshoe Pass! Head over to http://www.solsticescents.com to get a whopping 10mL roller ball bottle for just $14 USD. It's a steal, I tell you!


Thanks so much for stopping by and reading! Stay warm, happy, and smell pretty!



DISCLAIMER- All products mentioned were purchased by me for my own personal usage. I am not affiliated with or compensated by any of the companies mentioned. All opinions are always my own, and always 100% honest.


 

2 comments:

  1. Snowshoe Pass didn't work at all for me - the amber just amped like crazy and gave me a headache. Most of the other SS scents I've tried I've just adored though - I'm currently slathered in Lace Draped Spectre Burnishing Glace Mist that arrived in the mail today. Hooray for packages! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry it didn't work for you, darlin! I did see that review you had about it :) I think the only Solstice Scents perfume that hasn't worked for me so far is Moonlight on the Grove. It's like the same thing that happens for you with Snowshow pass, but with Jasmine. Jasmine overload! But yeah, Solstice Scents otherwise has such great smellies! I'm a fan of Laced Draped Spectre too! It's haunting and glorious! And if I recall correctly, it gives you good memories of your mom and childhood :D

      Delete

I know I sound like a cheeseball, but I really do appreciate you guys being here and reading my blog. It's nice to know that I'm not just talking to myself, haha. Your comments are just an added bonus. Please know that your comments are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.