Search This Blog

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sleepy Sunday and Username Meaning

Hello lovelys! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. I am finally feeling much better, despite this really annoying headache I've been getting the past few days. I'm thinking it's either from the green coffee bean extract, MSG in gluten free foods, or my medication adjustments :| But it's tolerable with ibuprofen, so all's well.

I wanted to quickly touch on my blogger username, because it kind of sounds conceited and it bothers me that it might come across the wrong way. I am a big Ramms+ein fan. Ramms+ein was the first concert I was ever allowed to attend, and I was 14 years old at the time. It was a really amazing concert with great special effects. I don't think they've returned to the US to tour since then, so I feel lucky to have seen them live. Anyway, they have a song called die Sonne, which in English means The Sun. It was written about an amazing boxer that had a tendency to knock his opponents out. One of the lines in the song is about the sun being the "brightest star of them all," which refers to the boxer knocking out his opponents (they would see "the sun" when getting knocked out.) I used to practice kickboxing and Muay Thai, which really helped me through a bad depression in my life. So that Ramms+ein song and its meaning is where my username came from. I just thought I'd share o^.^O

Also, I wanted to give you guys my twitter username. I usually just say what scent I'm wearing for the day, though I also bitch and moan on there more than absolutely necessary. I'd sure love to follow you lovely ladies! So if you haven't already, please let me know your twitter usernames below. Mine is @BlurringOfBlue if you want to stalk me on there. I'm on instagram more than twitter, where I have a zillion pictures of my animals. My instagram name is the same as my blog. Again, feel free to let me know what your usernames on there are! I already put this on instagram today, but here's a picture of V that I took this morning c:

          
I hope the rest of your weekends go well, and that you have a wonderful upcoming week!

~Rachel




8 comments:

  1. That is a great story of your user name :) Love the kitty cat <3

    I used to be on Twitter and loved it for a while. Not on there anymore because Twitter steals my thoughts! *time to change my tin foil hat*

    Feel better! Hope the headache goes away soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Su! And thanks about my kitty. I snagged a pretty cute one! :D

      I don't blame you about twitter. I'm off and on with twitter. Sometime I wonder what the point is, but I guess it can be a fun "time waster" once in a whole :)

      My headache is finally gone, for now at least! Thanks for all your kind words!

      Delete
  2. That's very interesting about your user name! It would never occured to me if you hadn't mentioned it. You are so lucky that you have been to a Ramms+ein concert! It was soldout when they came here and I missed all the fireworks.
    You Kitty is so beautiful! And what a great name! I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! You're such a sweetie! I'm sorry you weren't able to snag a Ramms+ein ticket. For whatever reason, there weren't too many people at the concert. The tickets were only like $22, so a lot of people missed out. Maybe they didn't even know about it! The fireworks were amazing, and I was so close to the stage- right by Richard! He's my fave, lol!

      Thanks for complimenting my kitty! I named him after V for Vendetta because he has a black "mask" on his face, but I later read that it's good to name cats with an "ee" sound, like "bee", because they respond to it more. Weird!

      Delete
  3. I'm not anywhere near as imaginative - my blog title is stolen from South Park, specifically Eric Cartman's doll Polly Prissypants. No reason at all other than it makes me laugh. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love South Park! I used to watch it ALL the time. I was in middle school when it first came out, so I had to sneak in the living room and watch it on really low volume, haha. The episodes only got better though. Eric cracks me up! I do miss South Park :( I don't have cable anymore, so I can't watch it. Wah!

      Delete
    2. I haven't been that into it the last couple of seasons, but I did used to love it, and any episode with a Cartman and/or Butters storyline just killed me. :-)

      Delete
  4. Interesting! Sonne is my favourite Rammstein song! Also, cute kitty :)

    ReplyDelete

I know I sound like a cheeseball, but I really do appreciate you guys being here and reading my blog. It's nice to know that I'm not just talking to myself, haha. Your comments are just an added bonus. Please know that your comments are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.