Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Nevermore Body Company ~ Madame

Hullo and happy Sunday! I've been wanting to try Nevermore Body Company ever since I read a review about them around Christmastime. I went to their etsy site (though now they have their own website and realized they had a lot of neat products with a solid theme. However, Nevermore is one of those companies I just haven't gotten around to trying yet. Luckily, Dee sent me two imps because she's infinitely awesome; so now I'm here to share my thoughts on Madame. You can find Dee's review of Madame here!


Madame scent description:

Madame’s golden days of Cabaret brings back the warm and sophisticated, yet subtle blend of apple and oak, with a spice mahogany bouquet, soothing hints of vanilla, cinnamon and dark wood, ripe tones of sweet figs and infused with a blend of tobacco, black tea and fruit spices.




Cold sniff: Sweet, fruity, and just the kind of autumnal touch I love!

Initial Application/Wet on Skin: This stage is rather frustrating to me, because I have no idea what I'm smelling. When I think I smell something, that scent will completely morph into something else. I've had this happen with quite a few perfumes in the past. My best description at this stage is a spicy, fruity scent with mahogany peeking through.

Drydown: I have no idea what's going on, but it's like my skin ate this perfume. I can detect a faint hint of something cinamonny, but that's about it.

Final Thoughts: This perfume had so much potential, but it just didn't want to work for me. I will probably try this again after I shower to see if it behaves a bit better. For now, there's nothing much else to say. :(

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend! Thank you so much for reading!

11 comments:

  1. Wow so nice to see that the sample has travelled the world! I remember testing Madam and I actually was quite taken by it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool is that?! The famous traveling sample! I think I recall Dee saying you enjoyed it. I am not chalking up the disappearing act to the perfume. My skin really is quite dry, so that's why I never really comment on longevity. It was so weird that this one actually disappeared on me though, haha! I should probably try this over unscented moisturizer, because I really did like it before it vanished!

      Delete
    2. Hehe... some of the samples I got from you Su will now be traveling over to Rachel! I wonder where they have been before you sent them to me!? Yay for traveling samples!!

      Delete
    3. Haha, I love how these things are passed on and love is shared :) This sample came directly from Nevermore to my friend Michelle in Aus, from her to me, me to Dee and Dee to Rachel :D This is a well travelled sample!

      Delete
    4. How awesome! I love how this perfume is so well traveled! :D It is so wonderful to share the love ❤❤❤

      Delete
  2. Another brand I've been eyeing for a while! I like seeing you guys review the same scents because your takes are all so different. Sometimes I get insecure and worry that my take must be "wrong" especially if everyone else seems to like it, so it's good to see the diversity in your opinions. It makes me feel braver :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I always love seeing you guys review the same scents too! It just goes to show that body chemistry and perception truly play a role in how products work- and there is no "right" or "wrong" take on something. That being said, I totally feel you on the insecurity. I always feel like my reviews aren't right or not good enough, or that I should be smelling a certain smell... But in the end, I know that all of our opinions matter and that it's actually cool that some products work for some people and not everyone. ❤ I've always thought your reviews were really accurate and informative, and I love how you associate certain memories with scents.

      Delete
  3. I´ve been planning on ordering some things from Nevermore, I just haven't gotten around to it quite yet. They do have a very interesting winter collection this year, so I guess I´ll have to hurry up with my ordering! :) The notes of this one sound nice, except for the apple...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did it, I ordered a "test tube" of three scents form the winter collection! ;D

      Delete
    2. Oooh, I am so excited you ordered from them! I sure hope you do a review, I'd love to hear your thoughts on their perfumes! I still need to review Vaudeville too, as I tried it this weekend :)

      Delete
  4. I didn't realize that there were so many indie perfume companies! I'm going to have to start looking more closely at them, I am pretty bored with mainstream perfumes lately.

    ReplyDelete

I know I sound like a cheeseball, but I really do appreciate you guys being here and reading my blog. It's nice to know that I'm not just talking to myself, haha. Your comments are just an added bonus. Please know that your comments are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.