Search This Blog

Saturday, March 16, 2013

OHWTO Haul :)

The weekend has finally arrived, and so has my One Hand Washes The Other order! Woohoo! I haven't been able to shell out much extra money lately, but that's okay. It just makes me much more appreciative when I'm able to make even a small order like this one.

I ordered two full size perfumes- Cascadia (solid scent) and Ideas Are Bulletproof (perfume oil).

Please Note: Italicized scent descriptions are from OHWTO.

Cascadia

Cascadia:
 A scent for a country that never was. At least, not yet. Dense evergreen forests, endless waterfalls, pine boughs, woodland paths littered with dried leaves, ambergris washed ashore the rocky coastline, driftwood, midday showers, oakmoss, sandalwood and ylang ylang.



I absolutely had to order Cascadia after reading the scent description. I thought it was such a neat idea, somewhat similar to Dudleyville (not in the notes, but the concept). I wanted to get it in a perfume oil, but it wasn't available at the time I made my purchase; so I got it in a solid scent! I'm not complaining, as I love the affordability and convenience of OHWTO solid scents. Also, since the weather is warming up a bit, I feel like solid scents are the perfect medium for perfume because they really hug your skin and give you just the right amount of silage.

Cold Sniff: An incredible combination of summer and fall- like a beautiful beach that's surrounded by an enchanted forest with a whisper of falling leaves.

Wet on Skin: Aquatic and earthy, which I assume to be the waterfall, evergreen, and oakmoss notes. Absolutely beautiful.

Drydown: An incredibly magical blend of an aquatic, almost beachy, fragrance amped up with sandalwood and earthy notes (such as evergreen and oakmoss).

Final Thoughts: Cascadia is an utterly genius perfume. It really is like a magical wonderland just waiting to be discovered. I love how it's a strong aquatic scent that's taken to an earthy, woodland realm. None of my words could ever do it justice. I'm so happy with this scent!


Ideas Are Bulletproof

Ideas Are Bulletproof:
Larkhill facility, in flames. Scarlett carson roses. The wood-lined walls of secret hideaways, furnished with a myriad of beautiful-but-illegal artifacts. Leather-wrapped dagger handles. Bergamot-laced tea and incense from a ChurchThe energy of an uprising against an unthinkable injustice, and an ever-present plastic face mask- beneath that mask, there is more than flesh. Ideas do not breathe, Ideas do not feel pain. You cannot kill an Idea, you cannot touch it or hold it. Ideas are bulletproof.
Notes include: Frankincense*, sandalwood, carnation, red rose, atlas cedar, bergamot, leather, ambergris, civet, and oak.




Ideas Are Bulletproof was created as an anniversary perfume for the shop. It was inspired by the film V for Vendetta, which is an outstanding movie (and is also the reason I named my cat V!). I initially named my cat Vendetta, but I have always called him V for short.



Cold Sniff: Bergamot, bergamot, bergamot!

Wet on Skin: It initially begins with the citrusy aroma of bergamot, but immediately morphs into an array of other notes such as rose, cedar, and leather.

Drydown: Ideas Are Bulletproof is strongly floral at this stage. It's a whirlwind of carnation and rose with a heavy breath of oak to even things out. It's a very romantic scent.

Final Thoughts: I didn't think I'd enjoy this perfume right off the bat, but it dried down to a very elegant, pretty, and romantic perfume. For some reason, it reminds me of a tea party!



Disclaimer: All items mentioned were purchased by me. I am not affiliated with or compensated by any of the companies mentioned. All opinions are my own and honest. Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Interesting scents!! I think I´d love the first one, sounds just up my alley. I love the concept of the second one as I´m such a fab of V for Vendetta, but the roses in there makes me believe that I would hate it... sadly.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cascadia is really fabulous. I've actually been wearing it every day! And yeah, the rose is pretty strong in the second scent. So it's not Nadja approved. :( But V for Vendetta is amazing and I love that it was the inspiration for that perfume :)

      Delete
  2. I love V for Vendetta too and your cat is adorable! So cute!!!

    Nice haul Rachel! I think I am going to love the first one. Sometimes, I found aquatics really enjoyable and wearable.
    I saw her Summer-Spring collection on her site and I am interested in some of her scents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! V for Vendetta is really a great movie. And thanks about my cat! I'm lucky to have him :D

      Cascadia is my favorite out of these two perfumes. I don't own many aquatics, but I really like the ones I do have. I'd love to have some of her spring/summer scents too! :)

      Delete
  3. Kitty! <3

    As always I'm the opposite of Nadja, haha - I love the sound of the second one, but I don't think I'd like the first one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I know I sound like a cheeseball, but I really do appreciate you guys being here and reading my blog. It's nice to know that I'm not just talking to myself, haha. Your comments are just an added bonus. Please know that your comments are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.