Hello lovely falling crimson leaves! Last week was a pretty difficult week for me at work, so I was planning on crashing on the couch and watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix, but I started drafting this post instead. Blogger has been wonky lately, so unfortunately I couldn't finish this post until now. The reason I drafted this post last Friday is because I purchased a perfume from Amanda's new etsy story two weeks ago, and it came in the mail last Friday! I was really surprised that it arrived in America just one week from when she shipped it! It was a really nice surprise after the week I had, and I am very happy to say that the perfume I ordered (A Thousand and One Nights) is absolutely stunning. So stunning that I am very sad I couldn't finish this post sooner.
Here is the scent description for A Thousand and One Nights from Amanda's etsy:
This was named by my mother after she tried this on!
A perfume all about the warmth and abiance of telling a story:
ginger cookies,vanilla, oats and spiced milk.
This is buttery and foodie. Yum!
Above: A Thousand and One Nights. The labeling is really charming and pretty.
Above: The packaging was really awesome. Amanda sent everything in a lovely (and reuseable) blue box. She included a very sweet (and incredibly cute) card adorned with a teddy bear. She even sent me some extra goodies- candy and a beautiful handmade soap with a starfish molded on top!
Friday, October 25, 2013
Sunday, October 13, 2013
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Hello sweet little pumpkins! Sorry to be missing for so long. I've been super busy with work and doctor's appointments and getting blood work, andddd I have a cold, haha. So I thought today I'd share a fun Halloween survey that I'd love you guys to do if you so desire! So consider yourself tagged if you're reading this and feel like doing these questions :)
2. Favorite Halloween song? “This is Halloween” cover by Marilyn Manson
3. Favorite candy? Reese's cups
4. Favorite fictional horror movie character? Ash from Evil Dead
5. A personal supernatural experience? Too many to count, but one of the scariest was seeing my mom's doppelgänger standing in my room door. "It" called my name to wake me up twice. When I turned around to face it, it looked at me and fucking disappeared. Though I knew it wasn't her for a couple reasons (main being my mother doesn't have a habit of disappearing out of thin air), I asked her if she woke me up the previous night. Of course, she didn't.
6. Favorite Halloween attraction? The Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror
7. Favorite Tim Burton movie? The Nightmare Before Christmas. I cleaned my parents' patio to earn money for it as a kid, and I've never looked back!
8. Favorite Rocky Horror Picture Show song? I hate to say it, but I never saw RHPS.
9. Ideal Halloween costume? Ariel
10. Your biggest fear? Losing my loved ones.
11. Zombies or vampires? Vampires.
12. Favorite Nightmare Before Christmas character? Barrel! It always has been. I even got a bracelet at my elementary school's autumn fair with "Barrel" etched into it because he's awesome!
13. A Halloween tradition? Carving pumpkins
14. Favorite fall food? Anything pumpkin is good with me!
15. Plans for Halloween this year? Hopefully getting our zombies out and of course passing out candy.
16. Favorite family Halloween movie? Hocus Pocus
17. Your costume this year? None :(
18. Favorite things you like to do around Halloween time? I love holidays and anything theme-related, so I love decorating, carving pumpkins, reading scary stories on Nosleep... I guess that's all I can think of!
19. Would you spend the night in a haunted house (on Halloween)? All aboard the nope train!
20. Would you rather carve a pumpkin or eat pumpkin pie? Carve a pumpkin Then eat pumpkin pie for my efforts ;)
Lastly, I re-did my Frankenstein Halloween nails from last year! Here is a link to that post. It includes the video I used to recreate this manicure. :)
I hope you're all doing well and enjoy the rest of your weekends!